Ask most alumni relations professionals the secret of success and they will have a common refrain.
They will tell you that best way to create a group of engaged, committed – and generous – alumni is to begin with a group of engaged, committed students.
What do you think makes an alumni network great?!
In the Spring of 2013, Google began rolling out a big restructure of the Gmail inbox, and many email marketers panicked. The Promotions tab that has been showing up in more and more Gmail accounts over the last two months has been repeatedly heralded as, “the death of email marketing.”
A couple of months later, however, we can step back from the apocalyptic rhetoric and take a look at what this really means.
- Is the Gmail Promotions tab truly a bad thing?
- How do we keep tabs on the impact of the tabs?
- What should email marketers do in response?
How To Survive the Gmail Tabs Marketing Apocalypse – Marketo.com.
According to the infographic below from attachments.me, email is not dead! To tell you the truth, it’s alive and growing.
Here are a few highlights:
• 3.3 billion = Total number of email accounts worldwide
• The number of email accounts beats instant messaging and social networking accounts in sheer numbers:
– Number of social networking accounts = 2.7 billion
– Number of instant messaging accounts = 2.7 billion
• $40 for every $1 invested = ROI of emailing marketing in 2011
Here are more statistics to prove that email is not dead: Continue reading