- Alumni networks can enhance recruiting efforts and boost the district’s image in the community.
- Well-informed alumni can be powerful ambassadors for their alma maters in the civic and
- The organization is a natural advocacy group, which is especially important on ballot issues.
- The group develops a sense of community between current and former students and staff.
- Members provide an outside funding resource for the district.
- The database is a great resource for advisory committees in the district.
- Key communicators from the alumni are a great sounding board for what is going on in
different facets of the community.
- The database is a resource for business partnerships in the community.
- Members help in establishing and evaluating programs in the district.
- The association provides historical information and helps to make anniversary events more
Source: Building An Effective Alumni Association, Paul Tandy, APR, and Jan Misuraca, 2008 NSPRA Seminar. Audio available from www.aven.com
Reprinted with permission from the copyrighted article (Build Meaningful Relationships with an Effective Alumni Association, NSPRA Network, February 2009), published by the National School Public Relations Association, 15948 Derwood Rd., Rockville, MD 20855; www.nspra.org; (301) 519-0496. No other reprints allowed without written permission from NSPRA.